Mooiste approaches

's Nachts in je Arrowtje een visual approach met final parallel aan The Strip vliegen vergeet je ook nooit meer (Las Vegas McCarran Int.).

Alton Bay Ice airport in New Hampshire in je C-182RG is ook een leuke!

Of zo maar op een mooie ietwat mistige ochtend wat rondjes om je vrouw vliegen in haar hete-luchtballon is ook altijd wel apart!

Attachments

• Alton Bay 014.jpg
    Alton Bay 014.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Alton Bay 019.jpg
    Alton Bay 019.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
Los Roques in Venezuela, tussen de zeilboten door, met een dash 7 op een kort baantje zonder echt asfalt...

Last edited:
Honduras:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHmrcCfdZFM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Toronto City Centre CYTZ

Toronto City Centre CYTZ

Iemand hier wel eens geweest? Die toren maakt best indruk en Toronto is echt een enorme stad, je vliegt wel een kwartier lang langs de kust langs de stad (goed, voorsteden meegenomen en in een 150tje he..) en dan heb je nog maar de helft gehad. Met een klein pontje naar het vasteland, leuk allemaal. Dit is indraaiend naar final 08.

turning_final_cytz.jpg

Last edited:
geweldig mooie foto!

ik ben er 2 jaar geleden in de winter geweest. Ook nog op de CN tower gestaan. Hele veld lag toen schitterend onder de sneeuw. Blijft een mooi veldje daar!

Jeeeemineeeeee clint. Daar moeten even een paar JAA procedure designers naar kijken.:biertje:

"Don´t be afraid"....

geweldig mooie foto!

ik ben er 2 jaar geleden in de winter geweest. Ook nog op de CN tower gestaan. Hele veld lag toen schitterend onder de sneeuw. Blijft een mooi veldje daar!
En hier een filmpje van diezelfde approach met een Vliegkameraadje als PF.
ALS PNF op deze heuse C150 had ik genoeg tijd om een filmpje te maken,
zou je zeggen.. (sorry voor het geschok).
Mooi tripje: Montreal - Kingston - Toronto.
Ook 2 jaar terug trouwens, in 2005, nog net voor de sneeuw..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogo0HxLo4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Eerder deze week mijn interessantste "approach" gevlogen. Gear down, full flaps, idle power, s-turns tot op 2 mijl final, allemaal in het midden van de nacht. Zo leer je nog eens wat een vliegtuig kan doen.

inderdaad met de -10. Je moet wel in gebieden waar mensen zeeer onvriendelijk zijn en klaar staan om je uit de lucht te schieten

Hi metro,

Was dat BGW/SDA? In dat geval toch peace of cake met de Tien. Je bent piloot of je bent het niet. Hebben jullie ook voor dat soort tripjes extra ondergoed in je PSU ?:D

Hier onder nog eentje om e.e.a. in het juiste perspectief te plaatsen.

Fear of Flying with George Bush
By Bob Burnett

In the sixties, Comedian Shelley Berman convulsed audiences with a routine based upon his supposed fear of flying. After a series of mishaps he finally gets on a plane bound from New York to Los Angeles. When the plane takes off, Berman asks the stewardess, "How long until we get to L.A." She responds, "I don't know. We've never made it before."

Taking a cue from Shelley Berman, sit back, relax and join us on Bush World Airways.

[We have a normal takeoff from Dulles Airport outside Washington, DC. After a few minutes, the airplane levels off somewhere over the Atlantic, the cabin crew begins dispensing drinks, and the voice of our pilot comes over the intercom.]

"Ah, good afternoon ladies and gentleman. This is your Captain, George Bush, speaking. My copilot today is Dick Cheney. Say something Dick."

[Growls and chewing sounds.]

"Thanks Dick. Ladies and gentleman thank you for joining us on Bush World One. Our destination is Kabul, Afghanistan, and our mission is to spread democracy. Our altitude is 35,000 feet. We expect smooth sailing, an on-time arrival, and a warm welcome. We believe that you'll have a grand time in Afghanistan, as they love Americans there. So sit back, relax and leave the flying to us."

[Time passes.]

"Ah, good morning ladies and gentleman. We hope that you are enjoying the flight so far. We've had a slight change of flight plan. Our navigators, Don Rumsfeld and Condi Rice, recommend against continuing on to Afghanistan. They tell us that there is no longer anything there of interest to Americans. Instead, they recommend that we proceed to Baghdad, Iraq. We'll get back to you and let you know more about our revised plan."

[Short Interval.]

"Ah, good afternoon ladies and gentleman. We hope you enjoyed your lunch. The crew has decided that we should proceed directly to Baghdad and begin spreading democracy. We believe that you'll have a grand time in Iraq, as they love Americans there. We're still at 35,000 feet and expect smooth sailing. We should arrive in 4 hours and 20 minutes. We'll get back to you when we're about to turn on the seatbelt sign prior to our landing at Baghdad International Airport."

[Longer Interval]

"Ah, good morning ladies and gentleman. We hope that you had a restful night and enjoyed your breakfast. We've, ah, been delayed in our approach to Baghdad International Airport. Our navigators inform me that we'll be landing in 2 days, 3 hours and 5 minutes. What's that Dick?"

"I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen. My crew informs me of a slight change in plans. Now we expect to land in 1 week, 8 hours, and 25 minutes. We'll be back to you when we have more information."

[Still longer interval.]

"Ah, good evening ladies and gentleman. This is your Captain George Bush speaking. It turns out that it has taken us longer to get to Baghdad than we thought, but we expect to arrive momentarily. The Iraqis still love Americans and are eagerly awaiting our arrival. What's that Dick?"

"That was our co-pilot Dick Cheney reminding me that our estimated time of arrival is 3 weeks, 5 hours and 17 minutes. In the meantime, we've opened the bar. Enjoy."

[Very long interval.]

"Ah, good morning ladies and gentleman. This is your Captain George Bush again. My crew informs me that we may not be able to land at Baghdad until after our retirement date. We're studying our maps to find the best place is to land in order to take on a replacement crew. We'll be back to you."

[Long interval.]

"Ah good afternoon ladies and Gentleman. My crew and I have decided to land at the Iman Khomeini International Airport at Tehran. Once we land we'll begin spreading democracy. We believe that you'll have a grand time in Iran, as they just love Americans there. We're still at 35,000 feet and expect smooth sailing. We should arrive in 1 week, 11 hours and 37 minutes. We'll let you know when we're about to turn on the seatbelt sign prior to our landing. Once again, our thanks for joining us on Bush World Airways, where you always fly in comfort no matter where you are going."

(Bob Burnett is a Berkeley writer. He can be reached at bobbburnett@comcast.net. )

Cheers
Art :haha:

BGW /SDA is (nog) niet een bestemming van ons. Zal me niets verwonderen als dat binnenkort veranderd, zeker gezien ons "proven track record" met die andere bestemming van Bush world airways

Hebben jullie ook voor dat soort tripjes extra ondergoed in je PSU ?. Helaas niet, we weten vooraf niet waar we heen gaan. De meeste van onze "lines" zijn reserve schema's, dus ze kunnen je naar europa sturen voor een paar rondjes africa, miami voor het zuid amerika gebeuren. Het komt regelmatig voor dat ze je schema op de kop zetten en ineens zit er een bestemmingen tussen die reserve ondergoed vereist. Nu maar hopen dat osama en kornuiten ons niet als oefenobject gaan gebruiken

hehe ja idd! even net iets steiler binnenkomten en al die mensen die op het terrasje zitten zien opkijken wat er nou weer boven hun hoofd aan komt zetten!

Trouwens net nog op KTW gevlogen, nadat van FL 330 met 3500 ft/min aan te komen zetten, dan nog een spoiler failure.. Shit en nou nog langzamer worden. waarna de toren zei dat de Braking action medium to good was.. NOU DACHT HET NIET.. toen ik begon te remmen begon ik echt te twijfelen of de remmen het begeven hadden, of dat het gewoon een slecht onderhouden retegladde baan was..:S

Last edited:
Nice blijft leuk, 22 of 04 om het even kan echt fantastisch uitzicht geven.

Visual op Kristiansand baan 22 is ook interessant, lekker door een vallei heen vliegen op 300ft over een heuveltje die je meestal een leuke updraft meegeeft en water aan het einde van de baan.
Leeds Bradford met 30/35 knopen variabele wind is ook echt feest zeker gezien de "downslope" als je de eerste hobbel hebt gemist ;)

Back