Surviving Tough Times

Lijkt mij dan een beter idee om gewoon écht goud (Ala amsterdamgold) te kopen wat je lekker opbergt in je kluis in zwitserland of waar dan ook. Keihard metaal met het certificaat en uitzingen. Zou nog leuk kunnen zijn als we met hyperinflatie te maken krijgen of wat dan ook.

The Crash Course revisited

The Crash Course revisited

I have finally had the time to go through the entire Crash Course (takes 3-4 hours to view all the videos).

The videos use data from the US - but similar problems exist globally.

I would encourage everyone viewing this thread to watch the Videos. Some of it will shock you - some of it will scare you. Hopefully it will result in action on your part.

The Crash Course

Vwb Dubai, dat is heel veel erger dan er openbaar bekend is (gemaakt/uitgelekt). De emir ging naar Abu Dhabi om centen te lenen (ergens afgelopen najaar) en kreeg te horen ik leen je niks maar wil wel je airline (Emirates), een paar malls, je haven, de toren (die nieuwe hoge) en een paar van je palm eilanden kopen. "Maar die zijn niet te koop" was het antwoord. "Dan heb je pech jongen". Ter elfde uren, Dubai was toen nagenoeg geheel broke, is hij op zijn knieën gegaan en is er van alles verkocht. In Abu Dhabi bouwt men vrolijk verder (plenty olie centen).

From the New York times

From the New York times

What I've been reading about on Internet for over 6 months is slowly making its way into the mainstream.

Propping Up a House of Cards

I can't help but wonder how much longer they can keep things from falling apart.

copy

copy

Russia's KD-Avia rescued after Government intervenes

Struggling Russian carrier KD-Avia is to resume normal services, after the Government cleared the way for desperately-needed financial support.

The future of the Kaliningrad-based carrier had appeared uncertain after it warned earlier this week that a financial crisis could force it to suspend operations.

KD-Avia says, however, that it has been able to "formalise new arrangements" with the aid of the ministry of transport and federal air transport authority.

These efforts, in co-ordination with financial institutions, have "stabilised" the carrier and immediately lifted restrictions placed by leasing companies on the KD-Avia fleet.

KD-Avia has around 16 Boeing 737 aircraft, leased from a variety of sources.

"We are now able to continue our daily flying programme without any further disruption, while measures are taken to complete fully the financial arrangements," it says.

KD-Avia says its eligibility for state aid from the Government has depended on its complying with detailed criteria. The carrier states that it has been putting measures in place to cut costs.

Bron: Air Transport Intelligence news

Comparison

Comparison

Here's a nice chart comparing the 2008 bailout (minus what was paid to the auto industry) and the costs of various other programs.

This is just for the US.

bailout-pie.png

Van horen zeggen, de Klem gaat komende periode ongeveer 1000 vluchten per maand annuleren. De Klem en de Mac gaat twee 74Fs parkeren. Als de vierde 773 van de Klem (komend najaar) komt gaat er vervroegd een 74 all pax naar de woestijn.

They have a Plan!

They have a Plan!

Looks like we can all relax - the solution has been found.....

plan9poster.jpg

Looks like a winner! ;)

Avoid this situation

Avoid this situation

Very interesting commentary

A Paycheck Away from Ruin

I know far too many people in this situation - living from paycheck to paycheck with no savings.

In these uncertain times this is madness - if things fall apart (inevitable IMHO) don't count on the government to help you. They're bankrupt.

The best analogy is a game of "musical chairs" without any chairs - everything is fine until the music stops.

You may want to look at unemployment benefits - it's shocking how these have deteriorated. Found this out in 2005 after losing my job.

Last edited:
Looks like Dubai is in serious trouble.....
Sheik Mo bankrupt?
Dubai May Need Help
Anyone who has real estate in Dubai is screwed - not only are the prices collapsing - there are no buyers.
It will be interesting to see just how many orders Emirates cancels in the next few years.
I imagine FlyDubai will be delayed or cancelled altogether.
This will have ramifications throughout the region as the core business of a lot of Airlines is transporting Labourers to/from this region.

I agree, however, flydubai has received it's first aircraft and it will start flying as of june. When I checked the website, I even saw application possibilities(ticket and accomodation provided during the selection process)! Check it out here

Back