INDIGO

Zurich klinkt leuk, maar toch wel erg veel geregel voor die 3 maanden vond ik.

Ben benieuwd of we ooit nog de mogelijkheid krijgen om ons eigen voor de wintermaanden ons eigen contact te regelen en dan unpaid leave ofzo te nemen.

copy

copy

Indigo Airlines/Bond Aviation Open House/Recruitment Day-Orlando, Florida.

Recruiters from Indigo Airlines will be at Bond Aviation's facility on October 16th between the hours of 10 am to 4 pm at 4215 Lindy Circle. Orlando, Fl (KMCO) to recruit pilots for its A320 Pilot Development Program (PDP).

Minimum requirements are FAA Commercial Multi Instrument rating. First class Medical, and hold a valid passport.

Recruiters will be accepting resumes and interviewing candidates for the position of Airbus 320 First Officer. Candidates if selected will be required to pay for their own type rating, and pay for three hundred hours of line flying after which time they will be offered a full time position after base check.

Dat is heel bizar.. Pas kort geleden is in India de deur opengedaan voor foreign first officers. Local aviation regulations require you to have 1) 1000 hours total time 2) 500 ME or, 3) 100 hours on type in order to be able to get your local CPL/ATPL validated.

Dus dat ze nu mensen met een kale CPL aannemen snap ik niet. Zou erg voorzichtig zijn met wat je doet, en zeker weten dat je aan de bak komt na het dokken van 32.000 euro.

FD

Sri Lanka/India info

Sri Lanka/India info

They offer commuter friendly schedules over there at your company? Or do they have commuter friendly schedules at least? On the other hand, I can imagine life being pretty sweet over there. Plus you can get more for your buck over there I guess.FD

Everyone is based in Sri Lanka and everyone lives here. They are offering 12weeks on 4 weeks off as a 75% contract - not a good deal IMHO. Most of us plan our holidays in blocks of 2-3 weeks.

They are looking at basings (source CP A320) - but things don't move very quickly. My contract is up for renewal next year - I'll see what I can negotiate.

"Sweet" is not the correct word - different is a better choice. As with any Expat job it's what you make of it - plenty of possibilities.

Cost of living is quite low especially compared to the Middle East.

Dat is heel bizar.. Pas kort geleden is in India de deur opengedaan voor foreign first officers. Local aviation regulations require you to have 1) 1000 hours total time 2) 500 ME or, 3) 100 hours on type in order to be able to get your local CPL/ATPL validated.

Dus dat ze nu mensen met een kale CPL aannemen snap ik niet. Zou erg voorzichtig zijn met wat je doet, en zeker weten dat je aan de bak komt na het dokken van 32.000 euro.

FD

Things to watch out for in India

- Roster (most companies don't have one so you can't plan anything).
- Tax status (some Expats received a large bill recently).
- Licence is only a validation - you need to keep your original Licence valid. I believe they give you an allowance for this or let you re-imburse the costs. It's a hassle either way.
- Experience levels are very low (both seats). At least 4 A/C badly damaged in landing accidents this Monsoon season.
- Airspace is getting very congested. Infrastructure is not capable of handling the current traffic levels - and it's only going to get worse.

Certainly a unique experience.

Staff Travel

Staff Travel

One more very important item to look into before going to work in India.

How will you get home? If you have to pay your own tickets then this will add a lot of costs. Most of these Airlines do not have interline agreements in place.

Make you understand exactly who is responsible for what and make sure it says the same in writing.

Back