Transavia of KLM????

My $0.02 worth

My $0.02 worth

Just Me,

The world is a big place – lots of companies to fly for. Why limit yourself to just 2?

The question that everyone needs to answer for themselves is – “What do you want?” This will vary from person to person.

I know people who are happy flying Single Otter or Beaver on wheels/skis/floats. They don’t want to do anything else.

I know people who own their own small Air Taxi service/Tier 3 airline – they make a decent living.

I know someone who quit KLM – it wasn’t what he imagined it to be. He has no regrets.

I know someone who flies A26 waterbombers in the Summer and Twin Otters in The Maldives in the Winter.

One of my former co-pilots is Chief Pilot for the world’s largest Twin Otter operator. He ferries Twin Otters from Calgary to the various bases around the world (Northern Canada, Vancouver, The Maldives and the South Pole) He also flies out of all the bases including the South Pole – he’s sent me some amazing photos. There have been two Antarctic rescue flights in recent years – he was on both of them. Recently he ferried a King Air 200 from South Africa to Calgary. He wants to join the Airlines – I’ve told him he’s crazy!

The top paying pilot position at my present employer? This will surprise you - the guys flying the Turbo Otter wheels/floats on domestic flights.

On a personal note I quit Martinair – I wasn’t happy there and I didn’t like the way I was being treated so I did something about it. Some people didn’t understand this (shall I explain it to you again 76–er? ;) ). This has had consequences but given the same choices I’d make the same decision again. For me enjoying what I do is at the top of my list.

A few things to remember:-

The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence – but that’s because they use more fertilizer!

Bigger isn’t better – only better is better.

Don’t be afraid to vote with your feet. Change can be a good thing.

There is no job security – no matter who you work for. Make sure your qualifications are what the market demands.

Aviation is a global business – you may have to move overseas if that’s where the jobs are.

Something for you to think about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Repeat Offender - I will offend again!

Not really in my opinion. If you want to offend, fine but be honest. Everybody get's treated the same way within MP and you simply wanted to stay in the left seat. I don't call that "mistreated". I guess you are not used to union's but they "work" for everybody and you were sitting on somebody else's seat.
Sorry to be this direct 19/77, i hope you are not offended. Not all readers are aware of things.

Regards.
Sjakie

Volgens mij geeft 19o77 op een heldere manier zijn visie op het kiezen voor bepaalde maatschappijen of type vliegtuigen.

"Make sure your qualifications are what the market demands."

Dit is de toekomst denk ik. Diegene met de meest relevante kwalificaties en ervaring krijgt de beste baan, of nog beter, bepaald zelf wat of waar ie gaat vliegen. Nu ben je nog grotendeels afhankelijk van lijsten en unions. Het is al begonnen bij de Low cost carriers.

For your info

For your info

Sjakie said:
Everybody get's treated the same way within MP and you simply wanted to stay in the left seat. I don't call that "mistreated". I guess you are not used to union's but they "work" for everybody and you were sitting on somebody else's seat.
Sorry to be this direct 19/77, i hope you are not offended. Not all readers are aware of things.

I'm not offended Sjakie - my post in this case was to illustrate a point not to upset anybody.

The situation I found myself in at MP in 2000 is a little more complicated than what you're suggesting.

All I did was accept a job that was offered to me - if people had a problem with this then they should have complained to the decision makers ( I've heard that nobody did...). Instead one group of people were victims of some very petty stuff - it became very personal.

The VNV are the people who arranged all this in the first place - don't forget that.

Back to the topic.

...and your buddies who did decide to stay are now skipper on the 747.....:p: (sorry, couldn't resist, I know it's a bit more complicated than that.)

The famous "arrogantieair" post

The famous "arrogantieair" post

Am I still being blamed for this post? (I didn't write it by the way...)

Guess where the author of this post is working?

Hahahahahaha! Talk about irony! :grijns: :grijns:

Last edited:
Gezocht, maar de tread niet gevonden. Welke bedoel je?

en zo raken we meer en meer offtopic........

Kan het managment van een airline afwijken van de de senioriteitenlijst op basis van bepaalde criteria en op die manier de vakbond omzeilen?

In Spanje bestaat die mogelijkheid er namelijk wel (bij sommige maatschappijen) dat het managment kan afwijken van de senioriteitenlijst en iemand eerder promotie kan geven maar dan op basis van criteria die het managment bepaald.

Wanneer er van een bestaande senioriteitslijst wordt afgeweken dan bestaat er toch nog zoiets als een by-pass regeling.
De personen die voorbij worden gegaan krijgen op een of andere manier een compensatie....

Back