Qatar Airways Roadshow in AMS en BRU

Koning Lucht

Heren/Dames,

Indien men geïnteresseerd is om voor Qatar Airways te werken:

Qatar Airways said:
Qatar Airways will be holding Pilots Open Days in Brussels , Amsterdam and Rome in January 2012

We are currently seeking to employ Captains, First Officers and Fast Track Second Officers who are motivated, have high standards both professionally and personally, and who wish to become part of our continued growth and success. If you would like to be considered to join our culturally diverse Pilot workforce, come and visit us during our open days in Brussels, Amsterdam and Rome to find out how you can be part of an award winning journey.

Venue: Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport, Da Vincilaan 4, 1831 Diegem, Belgium
Dates: Monday, 9th January 2012 and Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Sessions: Morning 10am & Afternoon 1pm

Venue: Crown Plaza Amsterdam schiphol planeetbaan 2,2132HZ Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Dates: Wednesday 11th January & Thursday 12th January 2012
Sessions: Morning 10am & Afternoon 1pm

Begrijp ik het goed en nemen jullie direct entry wide body captains aan zonder widebody experience? And if so, raad je dat aan?

edit: disregard, verkeerd gelezen

Last edited:
Weet iemand of deze roadshow net als bijvoorbeeld van emirates puur informatief is, of is het ook een stukje van de selectie?

Mickey

Vroeg ik me ook af. Heb al reeds on line alles netjes ingevuld en doorverzonden, en nu hopen maar aangezien een lay off bij huidige werkgever niet ver af is.

@49015
Op de website van de maatschappij vindt je dat een DEC minimaal 2000 uur in command moet hebben op vliegtuigen > 200.000 kg MTOW

Qatar

Qatar

Good thread on PPRuNe about living in Doha.

Moving to Qatar

Whatever else you do not under any circumstances buy property in Qatar (or anywhere else in the Gulf for that matter). Reasons listed in the thread are correct.

Understand that Expat life is very different than what most of you are used to. It requires an enormous degree of adaptability and flexibility. Not everyone has what it takes.

Bedankt voor de link naar PPRuNe.
Koning Lucht, word je niet ontzettend benauwd van het feit dat je werkgever toestemming moet verlenen voordat je het land uit MAG? Hoe kijk jij hier tegenaan? Kun je wat meer schrijven over jouw ervaringen als expat in Qatar?

@ 49015, we hebben als piloten een multiple exit permis dus niks geen toestemming nodig. Het leven bevalt super. Voor de mensen die hier nu wat langer zitten geeft de maatschappij sinds kort weer Housing Allowance dat wil zeggen dat je als F/O 10.000 QR krijgt en als Capt. 12.000 QR op je salaris om je eigen onderdak te zoeken. Zelf deel ik nu een 5 kamer villa met een kameraad van me en houden we allebei rond de 650-700 euro in de maand over aan onze allowance wat dus extra salaris is en we komen elkaar misschien 5-6 dagen in de maand tegen thuis.

Maar kan Qatar Airways die multiple permits niet cancelen? Dat is de indruk die ik kreeg van PPRuNe.

Ach hier kan alles maar zolang jij geen gekke dingen doet doen hun het ook niet!

Maar kan Qatar Airways die multiple permits niet cancelen? Dat is de indruk die ik kreeg van PPRuNe.

Yes they can and they have in the past. Then you have no way out of the country. I have heard of people being smuggled out on private yachts.

There is a case of a First Officer (Panamanian?) who bought property then got fired. Because his mortgage was seen as debt he was not allowed to leave the country. With no income he had no way to pay off any debt. Catch 22.

I believe he was finally able to sell and leave the country. For a number of months he survived on charity from his fellow Pilots.

One more thing to think about - only contracts in Arabic have any legal value in Qatar. You do not get an Arabic copy of your contract so it is just a piece of paper.

With any Expat job - do your research. Know what you are getting yourself into.

Dat is het nou juist. Het werken in een land waar alles kan... geeft dat geen onrustig gevoel?

That's a huge red flag for me - one of the reasons I don't work in the ME.

I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I can make that choice - I realise not everyone has that option.

It's not perfect in Sri Lanka by any stretch of the imagination but they have Unions/Labour Laws/Western legal system here.

Back