New to Holland

BritHelipilot

Hi Allemaal,

I’m a brit now living here in Holland with my Dutch wife. I’m working in the UK at the moment but summer next year I will start to look in Holland for employment. Any tips or type ratings to have. And yes I know I’ll need to learn the language.

Doei

Hiya BritHelipilot,

First of all, welcome to the forum. Nice to see some Brits who are able to work in Holland. Finding jobs as a Heli-pilot in Holland isn't easy. I am afraid that it is quite difficult to get info about possibilities. There's a big cultural difference between the Brits and the Cloggies, don't be offended if they are direct! If you wanna know my experiences as a Cloggy working on the Island, send me a PM.

Greetings Koning Lucht (=> King Air)

Koning Lucht ,

Thanks for the welcome...............I've lived off and on in Holland for the past 5 years or so and prefer it here more than the UK! Great People and a cool culture!!!!:grijns: Its just i've never worked here and the constant travelling back from the uk every weekend has become a pain!

Cheers

I didn't like the UK very much either, (I'm a cloggy myself) Holland has changed a lot as well over the last ten years. Prefer the US.

The only "chopper bob's" I know are Schreinner.

Schreiner is now CHC.

CHC, Bristows and Dancopter operate out of Den Helder. Requirements are generally the same. ATPL, ME/IR.

Heli Holland (Lelystad) is an on-shore operator and there's the new startup Helinet/Arriva in Amsterdam.

There doesn't seem to be much work in the Netherlands, apart from the off-shore. Anyway I'm a cloggy working and living in the UK, which I much prefer over the Netherlands but that a personal opinion.

Helinet????

Starting small but likely to get bigger i'm told!
Looks like it will be a good company to work for any feed back on this?

Not a lot. But they seem to be well-funded. Arriva is a partner and is a large company in transport as you probably know. They where looking for a chief pilot, maybe that's a nice position for you. You seem to have the experience.

(By the way, I was in Oudehaske last week visiting friends, I used to live in Leeuwarden)

Oh sounds interesting, weren't they(helinet) trying to put a heliport into Freisland?
Yea i like Oudehaske nice village not to far away from transport routes etc. Hillerbee who you working for in the UK?

Helinet is planning a Heliport in Heerenveen next to the Abe Lenstra Stadion. Could be very convenient for you.

I'm working for Vanguard Helicopters at Henstridge Airfield. Who are you working for?

Happy New Year's Eve,
HillerBee

Brit -

Welcome to the Netherlands !

where people actually believe they invented the wheel, and think our ‘poldermodel’ makes sense. Dutchies can be kinna blunt, but I guess deep down they mean well. I hope you feel welcome! and I wish you the best of luck.

I’m with FlyHigh though, no way on earth I could live in NL again right now. (well, it depends where in the netherlands, but not in the ‘randstad’ anymore... Way to crowded with no space left, like a little bomb over there waiting to explode if u will)

You married a Dutch chick ? whats wrong with u !!! way more talented girls in Eastern Europe ;).

Happy new year!

(FYI: If it aint Dutch, It aint much bro... sorry!)
FD

Living in Holland

Living in Holland

...............and the constant travelling back from the uk every weekend has become a pain!

I'm not familiar with the rotary world but in the fixed wing world there are a lot of commuting contracts available. You work so many weeks "on" then go home for so many weeks "off" 6/2 seems to be a very popular option but I know people working 4/4 (for reduced salary). I don't know if this is a viable option for you.

As for learning Dutch I used to get endlessly frustrated trying to speak Dutch then having people reply to me in English! As my Dutch improved this stopped.

I found reading the Dutch subtitles on TV was a great way to improve my grammar although there are a lot of translation errors.

Good luck!

I know what you mean, i struggle to speak Dutch then everybody speaks to me in English. Apart from the mother in law who can't speak a word of English..........thank god! haha

Helinet is planning a Heliport in Heerenveen next to the Abe Lenstra Stadion. Could be very convenient for you.

I'm working for Vanguard Helicopters at Henstridge Airfield. Who are you working for?

Happy New Year's Eve,
HillerBee

Does anybody have any more info on the Heliport in Heerenveen?

Stond vandaag een personeelsadvertentie voor helikopter co-piloten in de Telegraaf, voor CHC Helicopters. Misschien dat iemand anders hier de volledige advertentie kan posten.

Stond op deze pagina.

2vbasye.jpg

Back