"Dubbele" Nationaliteit

Iemand ervaring met de "niet-zo-officiele" dubbele nationaliteit.
Heb even online en door Airwork gezocht maar niet gevonden waar ik naar op zoek ben.

In het kort;
Ouderwetste Hollander met Hollandse vrouw woonachtig in de USA met verblijfsvergunning (=greencard).
Nu wil ik de Amerikaanse nationaliteit aannemen (vanuit een financieel oogpunt) en omdat ik niet voor de "uitzonderingen" in aanmerking kom zal ik dus mijn Nederlandse nationaliteit op moeten geven.

Nu heb ik "gehoord" dat er een "truc" is die oa. door een aantal vliegers wordt gebruikt om alsnog een "niet-zo-officiele" dubbele nationaliteit te behouden.

Mocht je hier ervaring mee hebben of "ken" je iemand die dat heeft dan hoor ik graag van je; uiteraard via een pm!
Thanks!

T&G,

Helaas heb ik niet de ervaring om je vraag te beantwoorden, sorry !
Wel hoop ik dat jij mijn vraag wil beantwoorden !
Hoe komt een ouderwetse Dutchman and spouse aan een Greencard ?
Heb zelf een paar jaar gewerkt in the US met een H1B, maar die was na 3 jaar helaas verlopen

Thanks,

Ger

gerpols,

Deze ouderwetste Hollander is begonnen op een H1-B en terwijl de lijm van dat visum nog aan het opdrogen was heb ik mijn applicatie voor de Greencard op de bus gedaan.
Het lokale vliegschooltje waar ik destijds werkte was mijn sponsor.
Dit hele process ben ik begonnen in november 2000 en uiteindelijk had ik mijn Greencard in november 2004!
Mijn vrouw heeft haar visum (terwijl ik de H1-B had) en later de greencard gekregen op basis van mijn status omdat we getrouwd zijn.

Dual Citizenship

Dual Citizenship

I hold dual citizenship (UK and Canada)

All perfectly legal - no "tricks" involved. There are rules in place for dual citizenship - suggest you contact the appropriate agencies to find out what the rules are.

I also hold 2 passports from the same country - again all perfectly legal.

T&G,

Thanks for the info.
I should have been smarter, or paid my attorney a little more...:eek!:
Have fun !

Ger

I hold dual citizenship (UK and Canada)

All perfectly legal - no "tricks" involved. There are rules in place for dual citizenship - suggest you contact the appropriate agencies to find out what the rules are.

I also hold 2 passports from the same country - again all perfectly legal.
I also looked into this a while ago, but the problem is that The Netherlands does not allow dual citizenship. The official version is that the government wants to promote a better integration of minorities into Dutch society by forcing them to chose.

The big irony however is that many of those poorly integrated minorities in question are allowed to continue their dual citizenship, because there is an exception clause (see link below: uitzonderingen op afstandsplicht), and dual citizenship is allowed if the other country does not allow it's citizens to give up that particular nationality.

So the net result is that in typically Dutch politically correct fashion, born and raised Dutch citizens effectively get robbed of their citizenship if they want to apply for a second citizenship somewhere else, and that the poorly integrated immigrant minority can continue their poorly integrated life with two passports. :rolleyes:

http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/nederlandse-nationaliteit/dubbele-nationaliteit

When living outside The Netherlands, in order to renew a Dutch passport you need a statement of residency from your local authorities, and on that it will list any other nationalities you might have. This could cause the Dutch consulate to revoke you Dutch citizenship if any other nationality has been obtained in a way that is not compliant with the exceptions listed on the above website link.

Red Matter,
All correct and I'm well aware of it!

That's why I want to find out about a trick that's being used by some.
Understandably it's not a procedure that people want to advertise in public and that's why it's tough to get actual "user feedback" on how easy it appears to be.

I also looked into this a while ago, but the problem is that The Netherlands does not allow dual citizenship. The official version is that the government wants to promote a better integration of minorities into Dutch society by forcing them to chose.

Lol - the real reason is that they want to keep taxing the **** out of you!

Zero benefit to dual citizenship if one of the two is Dutch imho.

Back