Arkefly

FMC overheat

Hoie Allemal!

Any info on Arkefly? Are they recruiting pilots actually? HR contact? What are the minimum requirements for B737 type rated pilots? Upgrade policy to left seat?
Salary according to ppjn F/O salary seems to be quite low though....
Are they only taking Dutch speaking candidates? Non-EU pilots?(according to website)
Sorry for not speaking in Dutch! :bwah:

http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/fact...ps0g8t60zstn7h

They have been doing some hiring recently.. Touch base with Viper1983 or El Steefo for more info on that.

They have approached a friend of mine a while ago asking him if he was interested in a DEC position on the 737. The guy has a bunch of hours in the left seat 73 though (obviously). Still find it hard to believe there are not enough qualified f/o's willing to bid the left seat 73 though. oh well...

I am pretty sure you need to have the right to live and work in the EU to get hired. Doubt they sponsor foreigners for workpermits. That having said, Ryanair will sponsor non EU citizens and hire them without having a JAA license.

I know KLM has a bunch of Canadian, English, Australian and American pilots working for them. They came over a long long time ago though. Pretty much at the same time when I was still teasing my kinder garden teachers. Not sure on Arke or other Dutch carriers for that matter. Transavia might be interested in you with your 73 time. Long upgrade though, and no clue as too whether or not you have to be able to talk Dutch. On the other hand, half of the members on this freaking bulletinboard dont know how to write and/or talk in Dutch ! (me included)

I guess at the end of the day the best you can do is give them a call and find out! I'm sure they wont bite you just for asking....

Where you from anyway?
FD

Last edited:
North Africa. :radar:
Flying B737 passenger operations to Europe mainly. Transavia seems to be a good airline but I've got to deal with that work permit issue!! :eek!:
I love Holland and would love to move here one day.
PS: Ryanair is sponsoring work permit applications for captains only. It would definetly be easier if I get an upgrade to left seat.

Pretty sure they (Ryanair) will hire anyone with a ICAO ATP. Part of the deal is though that you will have to get your JAA exams (all 14 of them!) out of the way within 2 years (so basically before you upgrade). Pretty hard though, having to do that on your days off. I for one would not be able to pull that off. My playstation and my bed needs my attention on my days off.

Well goodluck with that buddy! You can always get married to a Dutch girl. Chicks dig pilots.

I do think though that Ryanair might be the way to go for you (quicker upgrade). Transavia has a 8+ year upgrade time at the moment. Plus a lot of their captain's and fo's are in their 30' and 40's... One big happy family growing old together (literally)

Good luck to you.
FD

Hehe FD, I'll take your advice!
Btw, I already started the conversion process, well, at least the JAA ATPL theory distance learning. :passed:

Heeft er nog iemand meer gedetaileerde informatie over het selectieproces en de technische vragen die gesteld kunnen worden? Zijn er mensen die kunnen melden hoe zij de grading hebben ervaren?
Groeten, AB

Autobrake,

gewoon normale aptl vragen, geen hokus pokus.
Ik vond de grading erg goed te doen. Relaxte sfeer, zowel tijdens het gesprek als in de sim.

Viper, bedankt.
Eigenlijk zou ik graag voorbeelden hebben van vragen die ze stellen. Relaxte sfeer is prima, maar je wil toch ook gewoon een goede prestatie leveren. Krijg je bij hun eigenlijk maar 1 kans om te solliciteren of krijg je een tweede kans na afwijzing.
Ik ben op zoek naar details. Wie kan mij die leveren?
Groeten, AB

Mensen ff wat anders....

Heeft iemand het artikel dat vandaag 31 jan. in het Dagblad van het Noorden heeft gestaan vwb ArkeFly??

ArkeFly werd daarin vergeleken met Onur Air en er wordt gerept over een stewardes die zelfs niet meer wou vliegen vanwege de technische staat van de vliegtuigen.
Graag zou ik dit artikel eens willen lezen, kon het namelijk niet vinden op internet.
Dus wie o wie??

tnx

Back