Search results

1. 19 of 77

Corona Virus Topic

Good Morning Colleagues This is something that will affect us all. This Topic is a place to share thoughts/opinions/advice. We are in this together. This will affect us all. To get the ball rolling:- This looks like a Multi-Year Black Swan Event. I knew we were in trouble when the Chinese...
  2. 19 of 77

Reduced capacity Schiphol

https://www.upinthesky.nl/2018/08/28/storing-luchtverkeersleiding-houdt-dinsdag-aan/ There is only a problem with the backup system - primary system is working normally. If they need a backup system then a few handhelds will do the job. There's even complete radios available - all you...
  3. 19 of 77

Free Airplane Upset Prevention & Recovery Training Aid

Just been advised that this app exists by our Training Department. It's from airbus. Very useful information for everyone - and it's free. This is the link for the android version:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... PRTA&hl=en And for the Apple store:-...
  4. 19 of 77

NASA "Best of the Best"

Stunning video images of the Space Shuttle launch. Well worth 45 minutes of you time. FwqZ4qAUkE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFwqZ4qAUkE
  5. 19 of 77

Mandatory Psychological Screening

This is a recommendation by EASA (result of Germanwings 9525). I expect this to become mandatory. My company is going to implement this. All Flight Crew will be screened in the next 12 months. This will be considered a re-current screening. All new hire Flight Crew will have to undergo...
  6. 19 of 77

Important info for NL Licence holders working overseas

The procedure for renewing your Type Rating on your NL Licence has been simplified. Saves you some money as well. I did this last week and I can confirm it works. The non NL Examiner will have to get approval to do your check (form on the ILENT website).
  7. 19 of 77

Living the Dream! (Humour)

Very funny - and very true! rNxz2hhSXuY
  8. 19 of 77

Ebola

Just saw this on Luchtvaartnieuws. http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/categorie/72/algemeen/rivm-geen-ebolacontroles-op-schiphol I have been spending the last few months in Lagos operating to New York and London. Lagos is a hub - people connect to/from flights all over Africa. The Lagos...
  9. 19 of 77

New BA ad campaign

Brilliant! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JdQi60an0&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP0DD6B4B26F0BD3C3
  10. 19 of 77

KLM staff travel: Listing issue

Perhaps someone has some suggestions. I have the following problem:- Travelling on a ZED ticket with KLM I was always able to list myself using the KLM stafftravel number. Now when I call this number I get the message it is for KLM staff only. Other Airlines are referred to a web address. This...
  11. 19 of 77

Pilot Negotiations

A Canadian perspective - enjoy! Pilot Negotiations Part 1 Pilot Negotiations Part 2 and at the Regional subsidiary.... Jazz Negotiations
  12. 19 of 77

SriLankan

SriLankan Airlines is advertising for Type Rated Pilots for all fleets (A320/A330/A340) Requirements Captains 5500TT + 1000PIC on Type F/O 500 on Type More details and application form here You can PM me for more info
  13. 19 of 77

Following the Flightplan: What do you do?

I've been flying with other Captains as part of a 3 man crew for the last 6 months and it has been very interesting to see how other Captains operate. One of us is designated as Commander on the outbound flight with the other Captain being the relief Pilot. We switch roles on the return flight...
  14. 19 of 77

Terms and Conditions: An Education

Terms and Conditions: An Education Disclaimer:- I have used several real world examples to illustrate my points. This is not an attack on Airline X or Y – but some companies are worse offenders than others. My examples should be considered “education only”. Disclaimer – some of my examples may...
  15. 19 of 77

World of Warcraft

Any WoW players here? I just started playing - finally have an Internet connection that's fast enough. Fantastic game! I was thinking that we could team up to complete some of the harder quests or run instances. Who knows - if there are enough of us we can form our own Guild! I play on the...
  16. 19 of 77

The Science Fiction Thread

This thread is for all you SciFi fans (there are a lot in Aviation as I've discovered over the years). List your favourite Authors/Movies/TV shows. Obviously I'm a big SciFi fan so I'll get the ball rolling:- Authors The Classics Aldous Huxley - Brave New World - written in 1931! George...
  17. 19 of 77

Surviving Tough Times

Looks like Hard Times are here. They won’t be ending anytime soon – if I had to guess I’d say 5 years + at this point. The mainstream media has been feeding us the bad news in small chunks – and doing a pretty bad job of analysing the situation IMHO. The present losses are between 500 and 600...
  18. 19 of 77

Flying the DC-3

The Aircraft Dimensions: Wingspan: 95ft (A320 111ft 10inches) Length: 64ft 5½in Height 16ft 11½in Engines: 2 x Pratt and Whitney R1830-92 (1200 BHP) Flight controls consist of metal frames covered with fabric. The configuration of dual generators/hydraulic pumps and a 24V...
  19. 19 of 77

The Airline Manager

Here you go Airline Manager Funny Stuff
  20. 19 of 77

Asian Flying video

Finally decided to create a video with some of my video footage. Enjoy!
Back