airline info

jaf217

Hello, I was looking for some info about airlines; maybe you will be able to help me with providing me and other an initio pilot with those info.
Airline name :
Which type of aircraft are you flying :
Do you need to pay the type rating:
Is it a nice sphere :
What about your roster : (X days on X days of and is it fixed or changing every day)
IS it difficult to enter as ab initio : (APTL+ME+MCC with no jet experience)
Are you allowed to take someone with you : (family, wife, friends,….. and able to take them into the cockpit)
What about manual flying : (if there is a restriction can you say which one ex : disconnect on final 500’ AGL,…..)
Maybe about the pay but not needed to be reported if you don’t want.
These are +/- my initial question you are free to add useful info I maybe forgot.
Thanks in advance for you help;)

How bout you try to be a little more specific so we can point you out in the right direction? If I remember correctly you talked about the possibility to work for KLM as a foreigner? So would it be safe to assume for me that your are from outside the EU?

In that case start worrying about getting a workpermit first (and maybe your JAA CPL) before getting worried about whether or not you can take your wife for the ride.

In the US and Canada it is possible to let your wife, parents and children fly for free world wide within the network ur feeding.. (IE: mesa airlines ERJ first officers can let their direct family fly world wide for free with US Air, United and Delta since they are feeders for those airlines).

Schedules vary from airline to airline. Again, please be more specific about what you wanna know.

Family in the cockpit? well, off the record some European airlines will (against their company policy/FOM) let you ride (or ur fam.) in the cockpit.

Stateside? forget it! unless you are employed as a pilot for a 121 carrier and are in CASS you will not be allowed to ride cockpit. Let alone ur family. However, like i said before, ur family will be allowed to ride in the back (space available) of all the airlines you are feeding or working for.

Please do not hesitate to follow up with some more q’s, but you gotta be a lil’ more specific cos it’s unclear to me as what ur pointing at in specific.

pay? Well shit buddy. From 20k annual all the way to 25K a month for wb captains.... Again.. what company do u wanna know more about? KLM? 30/40.000 Euro's 1st year to 230K Euro's as a WB captain.

Have a great day buddy!
FD

Last edited:
I am sure Lufthanse cityline will hire ya with a puls and a CPL... ;) Heck, they might even consider sponsoring you for your workpermit if you need one. Ryanair will for sure providing you got a 737 type (zimbabwe CAA will do) + hours on type.

FD

How bout you try to be a little more specific so we can point you out in the right direction? If I remember correctly you talked about the possibility to work for KLM as a foreigner? So would it be safe to assume for me that your are from outside the EU?

In that case start worrying about getting a workpermit first (and maybe your JAA CPL) before getting worried about whether or not you can take your wife for the ride.

In the US and Canada it is possible to let your wife, parents and children fly for free world wide within the network ur feeding.. (IE: mesa airlines ERJ first officers can let their direct family fly world wide for free with US Air, United and Delta since they are feeders for those airlines).

Schedules vary from airline to airline. Again, please be more specific about what you wanna know.

Family in the cockpit? well, off the record some European airlines will (against their company policy/FOM) let you ride (or ur fam.) in the cockpit.

Stateside? forget it! unless you are employed as a pilot for a 121 carrier and are in CASS you will not be allowed to ride cockpit. Let alone ur family. However, like i said before, ur family will be allowed to ride in the back (space available) of all the airlines you are feeding or working for.

Please do not hesitate to follow up with some more q’s, but you gotta be a lil’ more specific cos it’s unclear to me as what ur pointing at in specific.

pay? Well shit buddy. From 20k annual all the way to 25K a month for wb captains.... Again.. what company do u wanna know more about? KLM? 30/40.000 Euro's 1st year to 230K Euro's as a WB captain.

Have a great day buddy!
FD

hello, thanks for the info, what I mean by foreign country was out of Netherlands I’m from Belgium and many whisper say for example to be taken by klm only klm academy :wegkwijt: . Since I never trust whisper before any correct info received by pilots, I don't believe it. The objective on this topic is to collect as much possible info on airline before sending CV. I will nearly finish my atpl now end of the year is everything is going right (theo atpl + finish CPL+MEP and no ben laden V2 ). So I collect as many info to be sure of my choice in the future for my upcoming job.
As I’m a rookie I’m not specially looking for a good pay job but where you can have some fun, fly nice destinations, able to control a minimum the airplane (and not making 10H of flight with auto land as doing our Asian friends :grijns: ),…... So I know KLM is a good airline pay is following in a good way (not so less we receive in Belgium) and as I see on video one of the last airline with Belgium one where manual flying is allowed (if I understand your last topic 10.000'). But I’m not looking only for klm, but all over Europe and in the rest of the world so many airline info is welcome. Hope I’m now a bit more clear in the info requested.
PS if you have some problem with English you can continue in dutch and so I will if it is easier for everyone in this forum.:D

KLM is niet mogelijk zonder de KLS/NLS/... .

Als je toch bij de KLM enige kans wil maken, kan je eventueel overwegen je FI te doen en je CV naar de KLM flight Academy te sturen.

Ik veronderstel dat als je daar een jaartje werkt, je wel een kans maakt bij de KLM.

and any chance to proceed to klm citychopper? and if yes any chance to be able after to fly bigger and proceed to klm? i don't know if it is differnce part or not so it's why i'm asking.

Cityhopper is KLM.

Dus neen, tenzij je de "juiste" school hebt gedaan.
Enige optie is dus als FI bij de KLS solliciteren dacht ik.

ok bedankt voor info nog mishien een kleine vraag, nu laat onse zeggen dat ik zo'n 4-5 jaar werkt in buitenland en heb 2000uren met frozen atpl. Is er dan een kans om bij klm terug te vragen of zitten we met het zelfde probleem?

Zelfde probleem. Geen "juiste" school, geen mogelijkheid tot job.

Hoe het binnen 5 jaar is, delen we de kost voor een glazen bol? :D

ja zal er mischien niet kunnen antwoorden maar als ik nu na mijn atpl theorie mijn CPL+ME+MCC bij hen doet gee enkel kan? ik heb al een PPL met IR rating +200H.

Waarom zou je per sé bij de KLM willen werken?

Zoveel maatschappijen waarbij je degelijk je boterham kan verdienen.
Doe je ATPL theory, en doe je CPL en ME in de USA.

Zal qua prijs heel goed meevallen gezien je reeds PPL en IR hebt.
Misschien sparen voor je FI en op die manier je eerste "kleine" baan forceren.

Enfin mogelijkheden genoeg...

Succes

Waarom zou je per sé bij de KLM willen werken?

Zoveel maatschappijen waarbij je degelijk je boterham kan verdienen.
Doe je ATPL theory, en doe je CPL en ME in de USA.

Zal qua prijs heel goed meevallen gezien je reeds PPL en IR hebt.
Misschien sparen voor je FI en op die manier je eerste "kleine" baan forceren.

Enfin mogelijkheden genoeg...

Succes

bedankt voor alle info ;)

Back