Pilot training for foreigners

quark

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my no dutch language post, but my dutch is really poor at this moment i am still learning and i definitely cannot write something in dutch still for you to understand me!!

I would like to know, because i am interested in following a ATP(A) integrated course maybe in the Netherlands, if anyone knows or seen another foreign student (non EU) in some of the schools here in the Netherlands?
If there is some of the schools which doesn't require only Dutch speaking people and if their courses and exams and rest of the training is all in English language?!?
Also if anyone knew or is a foreigner who got in the school and got the loan from the bank, visa for the stay and how did you or he do that??!?!

Please any information will be very valuable to me so i hope you gonna have time to write a couple of words ( in English ) !!!!!

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Dear Quark,

I'd recommend to look in other countries than the Netherlands. Look at the Lufthansa School in Germany or the Air France sponsorship. Maybe go to Emirates or look at sponsorships in the U.K.. They all offer better possibilities than the dutch Flying Schools.

Cheers, KL.

CAE/NLS indeed occasionally have foreign students in their classes. If requested by the student, all lessons for the entire class will be conducted in English (which has been done). There's a chance the lessons will become English anyway within the coming years (a lot of Dutch students could actually really use it). Of course EPST, having all courses including theoretical in the UK and US, won't have a problem with it either.

Don't know about other schools, except that the KLM flight academy does require Dutch proficiency. Be aware though that Dutch schools often have links with Dutch airlines, but without speaking Dutch that could be a problem. To not diminish your chances, I would learn Dutch if you eventually still plan to go on with it here.

Thank you for the info!

I was kind of hoping for NLS it looks quite promising and the fact that all entry exams were in English made me hope that the Dutch wont be a problem! Anyway i know that most of the Dutch companies require Dutch language to apply for a job and I plan to improve my Dutch but I would prefer to have my education in English!
As for the airfrance,emirates or lufthansa, and sponsorship in the U.K. I will take look but I think that staying in the NL will be the best for me now cause I already have a Dutch visa which i can renew easier and for a non European it's hard to get a u.k. visa and any privilege that european students have like sponsorship!

I am also wondering another thing before contacting NLS if you guys who study there can tell me more about the contract for the loan with ABN? I can see on the NLS website that they have a new contract with them so they don't require for your parents to guarantee but they need to cosign the agreement, what is actualy their part in the agreement, do you need a mortgage/ hypoteek over a property or what do you need to get the loan?
(except offcorse to pass the selection procedure)

Thank you guys again!!!

Last edited:
There's no direct need for proof of bail / mortgage, in principle a guarantee fund takes over that function towards the bank. However the fund itself does require the co signing of parents for motivational reasons, as well as a last resource for them to claim payments from the parents. So there is no need for proof of funds, however in a worst case scenario (for you) there could be a need for it. So do keep that in mind. You can discuss all those details with ABN of course.

Back