PPL Theory in English - in The Netherlands?

Hi guys,

Just to give you an update

Further to the good news from the Belgian authorities, I enquired with the IVW as to whether they would accept a Belgian PPL Theory certificate so I can do my practical at my flying club in the Netherlands.

Now, bearing in mind that they refused to allow a theory PPL from England, I was surprised to receive this email....
Dear Mr. ****,

I had to contact my collegues in Hoofddorp about this matter but finally I got an answer for you. If you take the PPL-theory examinations in Belguim they will be accepeted for the issue of a JAA PPL(A) in The Netherlands. When you passed all the exams for PPL(A) please send us an offical copy of the results in order to process the results in the IVW administration.

Kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Frank

So there you have it... I can take my PPL Theory in Belgium and do my practical here in the Netherlands.

I'm a happy little bunny now :)

Thanks again for your help, and I'll continue to keep you posted.

Groetjes,
~Matt

How can I get a training certificate if I'm doing self-study guys?

I cannot do any training courses because A) I don't speak fluent Dutch and B) I work every other weekend, and my flight school only do theory lessons on Sundays.

I'm really getting sick of all this red tape now. It seems it's impossible to get a damn PPL unless you're an unemployed 17 year old living with rich parents! Why do you need a training certificate? It's nonsense! It's not possible for everyone to do classroom training due to individual circumstances, so it seems ridiculous that they would ask for a 'training certificate'.

So... I can't do my practical test without doing theory tests, but can't do theory tests without doing classroom training... but can't do classroom training because I have a job like most other normal people. Jesus H C!

:-(

~Matt

Hi guys.

For those of you who are interested, I've managed to get a plan together for my PPL.

The last problem I had was that I couldn't do the theory tests in Belgium (in English) without a certificate of training - but couldn't do training without speaking fluent Dutch.

The solution - Self Study with a couple of private lessons with an instructor in Eindhoven, followed by Exams in Belgium. Once all tests are complete, I can do the practical test in Eindhoven to get my PPL from the IVW.

My situation and efforts with the IVW etc have already helped one other person, and so I hope this topic will also help others.

Thanks
~Matt

Back